Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Hilltop Inn


My tea party at Georgetown didn't turn out very well, as you can see if you read my earlier blog. But I do have a success story from this weekend.

For my and Nadine's birthday, Sue (niece-in-law) gave us each a "tea" at the Hilltop Inn. I had never heard of this place, but Sue had been there before with her mother. What a wonderful place it is! And what a wonderful time we had. This was a very traditional English "High Tea" with scones, tea sandwiches, sweets, and lots of tea. We spent an hour and a half enjoying our tea and goodies. It was very refreshing and fun. Maybe that is why the English cherish their tea time so much. It is an opportunity in the middle of a busy day to slow down, enjoy one another, nourish the body and soul, and leave all the hassles of life behind us for awhile.

Thanks, Sue, for the wonderful time, and for introducing me to another special place! I'm sure I'll go back again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment