Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Surprise Around the Corner

This week I am in the Dallas area orienting my new employee to her new job, and together we are getting ready to start our new program on Feb. 1. My new employee has a new office in a brand new dialysis center; in fact they are having their first patient tomorrow. As you can imagine, this new facility is in a new area of town. It is surrounded by open fields and a few office buildings. At lunch time yesterday I asked her if she had any suggestions on where we could find something to eat. Coming in, the only thing I saw was a Jack In The Box. Well, we got in the car, drove about a mile, and suddenly we were in the neatest place! There was a couple blocks of trendy little shops and cool little eating places. We decided on Thai. I do not understand Thai food, so I asked the waiter for a recommendation. I have no idea what I ate, but it was really, really good. I mean, it was delicious. On the way out the door, we noticed that right across the street was a little Italian place. So today I had a superb soup and salad. Again, I'm not sure what all was in the salad, but it was very good. Tonight I ran across the parking lot for soup and salad at Panera's. Usually, I'm very happy with the food at Panera's. But tonight I was a little under-whelmed. It's hard to compete with superb. By the way, I'm changing my hotel for next week. I'm moving closer to the new facility ... and the surprises around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment