Friday, September 4, 2009

Intense

It's good to be home! Some trips go really great and others are stressful from beginning to end. This past week was one that was very draining. Every meeting was intense and emotionally tough. And I ended up with throat trouble that led to being barely able to talk. So it was continually physically draining as well. Even getting home was tough - cancelled flights, tight connections, bad seats. After a good night's sleep last night, I feel much better and I can talk again. I put in a short day at the office and got lots accomplished. In the morning I get my hair done, then I'm getting a pedicure. By Tuesday I'll be all recuperated - and ready to head to Virginia for six days. But you know, in the midst of all this, I still really, really love what I do. I made a lot of progress on some very huge problems -- and that is very fulfilling. I treated myself by investing in the new noise-cancelling headphone set from Bose. Life just got a lot quieter!

No comments:

Post a Comment