Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Remember my post on August 5 about Amy's birthday? I told you about her "sweet tooth". Last weekend we had Amy's kids with us. Julia, who is 7, asked for hot chocolate with mini-marshmallows. I thought, "this is a good time to share a memory about her mother". So I told her about her mom's "Sweet tooth". I then went about my business feeding the children. Suddenly, Julia says, "I think I know which one is my sweet tooth. It's right here (pointing to a tooth in the lower left of her mouth). Every time I have sweets, it tastes really good by this tooth." Almost the exact scenario as over 25 years earlier! And she was just as serious about it as Amy was. I almost cried; and I almost laughed. But instead I told her, "you are probably right - that must be your sweet tooth". Later, alone, I cried and laughed.

1 comment: