Sunday, August 16, 2009

How Do They Do It?

You've probably heard about how so many grandparents are raising their grandchildren. I really, really admire them! We had three grandkids here for two days and one night, ages 5-10. These are very good kids; obedient, fun, polite. But I was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d when they left. How do grandparents do it when the kids are tough to handle and unruly?? Have I gotten soft and lazy? Maybe if I had them all the time I would eventually get in the groove and not be so tired out. One at a time is a piece of cake .... but three at once is like running a marathon. I think I'll sleep good tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm glad to hear they are good and polite (unless you're just saying that for my sake). LOL I'm sure you'd get the hang of it if they were around all the time--wanna give it a try?

    ReplyDelete