Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chip




Today is a special day - it is my nephew Chip's 53rd birthday. Now, I know I won't be writing about the birthdays of all my nieces and nephews, but this one cannot go unnoticed. I remember the day, several years ago, when Chip told me his goal was to make it to his 50th birthday. About 10 years ago Chip was diagnosed with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia). Things were touch and go at times, but Chip went through treatment and had several years of good health. It returned about a year or two ago, but he beat it again! Today, he is looking and feeling great. So you see, turning 53 is a very big celebration! Happy Birthday, Chip! I know you will have many more birthdays in the years to come!
The pictures are from 1957. Chip was born one month after my brother Jim. The top picture is of me holding Chip - he was probably about 9 months old. (Back then we called him "Chipper")The second one is the uncle/nephew duo - Chip in front and Jim in back. Weren't they cute little tykes?

No comments:

Post a Comment