Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thankful

Today I am thankful that I was blessed to be born an American. May I never take it for granted; many would be thrilled to have had the opportunities I have had. Today I am thankful for family and friends to share the holiday with. For many, many years we spent the day alone because no family lived near us. Today I am thankful for plentiful food. Now if only I can get better at not abusing this benefit! Today I am thankful for good health. So many, including people for whom I care deeply, are suffering. Today I am thankful for my cozy home; many have nicer but many more have not-so-nice or none at all. Most of all I am thankful my soul is secure, because if I would lose all else, I would still be complete.
Meanwhile - God....bless America. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment