Thursday, July 9, 2009

Odessa

I will soon be back on the road traveling for my job. The first trip is not going to be easy. On Thursday, July 23 Rod and I are leaving for Seattle and we return to Denver on Monday, July 27 at about 11:00 a.m. So far so good. But somehow I need to get to Dallas that same day. And from Dallas I need to go to Odessa, TX. Making these flight arrangements has proven to be very challenging. Odessa is not an easy place to get to. Not many airlines go there. But I finally got it all figured out! After I get back from Seattle I will go home, change out my suitcase, and go back to the airport to take United to Dallas. The next day I have my meeting in Dallas, then get on an American Airlines flight to Odessa. Friday afternoon, after a few days of meetings in Odessa, I get on American Airlines to go back to Dallas where I will board a United flight to get me back to Denver. I should get home around 10:00 pm on Friday night. Whew! Not an easy first week of travel. But wait! Monday morning it's back to the airport to go to, of all places, Storm Lake, Iowa. I haven't even begun to figure that one out yet. I'll tackle that after I get the hotels and car rentals reserved for the Texas trip.

So far, though, I love my job. I've been filling my brain with all the information I can find that will help me be effective. It is very invigorating having a worthwhile purpose and truly being a part of a team again. Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment