Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day

First day on the job. Didn't do anything too hard yet. I spent the day getting set up with my laptop and Blackberry. I think I need to take the tutorial for the Blackberry. I also ordered stuff for my office - cork board, white board, bookshelf and a bunch of stuff for my desk. I met nearly all the people who work from the office. Everyone is very welcoming and gracious. I was surprised when I first got into my email to see that I had 98 emails waiting for me. About a week ago they put me on all the distribution lists so I got copied on lots of stuff. Most of it just got filed or deleted. Tomorrow I plan to knock off a bunch of mandatory on-line classes, set up phone calls with my direct reports and start making travel arrangements. So far, no travel until July 27. They day we get back from Seattle, I need to fly to Dallas. This first week is almost entirely "get immersed" week. I'm trying to make the most of it because you can only claim "I'm new" for a very short time. Oh, and we have until Friday to sign up for all the benefits. Back to Cigna and VSP, which is what we had before Kaiser. Not much excitement yet, but I'm very, very happy to be back in renal (kidney) care again!

No comments:

Post a Comment