Friday, June 12, 2009

A Teenager in the House

It doesn't seem that long ago that I had three teen-aged daughters in our house. And when they grew up I was so relieved that part of my life was o-v-e-r. But, like childbirth, you soon forget how awful it was and remember the joyful times.

Well, we have a teen-ager in the house again. We invited Tori, age 13, to spend 5 weeks with us this summer. She arrived on Wednesday. She is definitely getting into the teen angst stuff and can be terribly annoying. But from the perspective of grandparents, it is much easier and much more fun than being the parent. She is pulling me out of my solitude and routine and adding, shall I say, "spice" to my life. I am really looking forward to the next few weeks. I hope together we can build memories that will last us both a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment