Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Doll Clothes

I've been without work now for nearly a month. During that month's time I took two trips to see family, I cleaned out my closet and all my dressers, moved all the furniture and cleaned under/behind them, and....decided to make some doll clothes for the granddaughters. I must be going crazy.

I used to enjoy sewing, but I'm not enjoying myself very much this time. All three granddaughters have an American Doll and they will all be together this summer. So making a nice new outfit for each of them seemed like a nice grandmotherly thing to do. But as I'm working on these outfits, I get to thinking - I have three jumpers; green, blue and pink. Whatever possessed me to buy different colored fabric? Especially since they all have a strong preference for pink. Now, who gets the pink one? I can already see the pouty faces of the other two.

The outfits are really cute though - jumper and tee-shirt. Fabric and pattern for half price. I was feeling pretty good about that. Until I realized my savings is more than offset by the price of the buckles and appliques.

I think I really need to go back to work. But that's another story I'll share a little later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't worry about the colors! Don't give 'em a choice, and they'll like whatever they get. Besides, I know that Amber likes green and Julia likes blue. They are sure to love them no matter what!

    ReplyDelete